POB Protocol: Building Verifiable Reputation Systems to help Builders Jam into the Web3 Paradigm
Today, the MetaJam Project Profile feature is released as we promised in our MetaJam announcement one month ago.
Meanwhile, let’s unveil the POB Protocol that supports MetaJam to build web3 BUIDL network as a decentralized protocol of verifiable reputation systems for web3 BUIDL.
MetaJam Project Profile
The profile is at the center of MetaJam, with which each cv & interaction for web3 user and project can be weaved and accumulated with the support of the POB Protocol. On the MetaJam Project Profile page, web3 builders are able to develop and fundraise their products, investors can discover & fund products, and all eco-partners are easy to find use cases & recruit talents.
Now you are able to view the project profiles of those web3 products featured by clicking their name tags under the Jam Review tab as a MetaJam user.
Take the project profile of My Crypro Profile shown above as an example, a user may have various actions listed as follows:
- create & edit a project as a builder
- invite members to join your project as the owner
- invite other builders to create projects as a scout
- upvote & follow the project you like as an advocate
- comment on the project as a user
- check out the project’s timeline and Jam Review (if available) as a user
The above are not all the features of the project profile, the quest function supported by POB Protocol is on the way, which allows builders to develop their products by asking others for help.
It’s time to unveil the fact that we build MetaJam with the POB (Proof of BUIDL) Protocol, a decentralized protocol for constructing verifiable reputation systems for web3 BUIDL.
Reputation Systems - the Cornerstone of Web3 BUIDL
The reputation of an entity (a person, a social group, an organization, or a place) is typically evaluated on a set of criteria, e.g common behavior, performance, etc, from peers, third-party, and aggregated to estimate that of value. Therefore, the reputation and its evaluation systems are the cornerstones of web3 BUIDL, helping recognize and incentivize participants' contributions, which is crucial to the growth and sustainability of any web3 project. And we can see such examples of reputation systems as points, levels, titles, badges, certificates, and social tokens.
Nonetheless, there are problems existing in current reputation systems:
- Record: arbitrary & inaccurate, data siloed & scattered
- Proof: hard to verify & authenticate, resulting in low credibility
- Achievement: easy to be falsified, modified, and removed by third parties
- Tokenization: hard to solve the paradox of reputation tokens
The solution is POB Protocol, a fully decentralized protocol of verifiable reputation systems for web3 BUIDL, which creates a public verifiable claim standard and quest-centric data verifying infrastructure - a universal layer for dApps to plug in the BUIDL-based reputation system.
How does POB Protocol Work?
Since reputation is a result of the social evaluation of a set of behavior or performance of a social entity by the counterpart, POB Protocol creates quest-centric data verifying infrastructure:
- All quests are coded in a public verifiable claim standard, and all quest data is processed in decentralized databases like Ceramic and Textile and is stored in decentralized storage like IPFS, Filecoin, and Arweave;
- It is up to the builder to create and verify the quest, and for the builder to claim and submit the quest;
- All quests can be verified by each other or by the validator network.
With the token incentive, POB Protocol builds a bilateral market for verifiable reputation systems that are vital to recognize and incentivize participants' essential contributions to web3 BUIDL:
- The issuer creates the quest with NFT or POB token to incentivize the taker to claim and submit the quest;
- The issuer can also create the quest with points or credits so that the taker claim the quest for the consideration other than token incentive;
- People stake POB tokens to join the validator network and earn POB tokens by verifying the quests.
Built with decentralized identity, data, and storage, POB Protocol has such features as listed below:
- Self-sovereign: We return the ownership and utilities of verifiable reputation data back to users. Only users should have autonomy over how, where, and for what their data is used.
- Blockchain agnostic: Our protocol is designed to be open. Not tied to any single blockchain, the protocol is created for a multi-blockchain ecosystem.
- Portable: Interoperability is key to a truly open web. We empower everyone to travel between apps with their own verifiable reputation as part of their web3 identity.
- Composable: Tap into verifiable reputation data with one click. Build upon it with agility for quick iterations. Fast forward to bootstrapping. Build experiences, not walls.
MetaJam - the 1st dApp using POB Protocol
POB Protocol supports a myriad of use cases across community & DAO, content & education, collaboration & outsourcing, DeFi, fundraising & investing, NFT, recruiting & hiring, etc.
Currently, MetaJam is the first dApp we are developing to implement use cases of the POB Protocol, helping POB Protocol expand its use cases by aggregating more and more web3 builders & products. And POB Protocol supports MetaJam to create a network where people discover & build web3 products.
Web3 BUIDLers, let's Jam into the new Paradigm on MetaJam with POB Protocol!
POB Protocol: https://www.pob.work/